XF240Q Does my monitor has speakers? If yes how to connect them?

Options
Gilsaws
Gilsaws Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2021 in Monitors
I recently bought acer XF240Q monitor and I don't know if they have speakers or not. The thing is that they show up as a source of sound but there is no sound coming out. Is it because there is no speakers or they are connected wrong? They're connected with HDMI, I used DP as well

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Looking at the service guide it does have speekers, on the monitor options, is there an inbuilt volume control? It could be that its muted in the menu
  • Gilsaws
    Options

Leostat said:
    Looking at the service guide it does have speekers, on the monitor options, is there an inbuilt volume control? It could be that its muted in the menu

I did not see volume control on the monitor menu, so does it means that there are no speakers?
  • William_mk2
    Options
    @Gilsaws

checked the service manual and found that your monitor is having inbuilt speakers.. 

Kindly look at the buttons present on the monitor..   Look at no 5...  Try to increase the volume using the buttons and select the right input HDMI OR DP..

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Gilsaws
    Options
    That wired because my monitor does not have an audio optionWilliam_mk2 said:
    @Gilsaws

checked the service manual and found that your monitor is having inbuilt speakers.. 

Kindly look at the buttons present on the monitor..   Look at no 5...  Try to increase the volume using the buttons and select the right input HDMI OR DP..

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,386 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are a bunch of different XF240Q models, they usually have a series of letters after the main model number and those determine the features installed. About half have speakers and half do not, since that's a great way for a user to get a slightly lower price. For instance, the XF240Q Sbiipr model does not have speakers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.