nitro 5 Display error or graphic card ???

Regular_TSK
Regular_TSK Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited December 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I‘ve recently bought a acer nitro 5 
3060 rtx 
r7 5800h

This error showed up twice yesterday 
is this something i should worry about ?
Should i give the notebook back or is this something fixable ? 
Please help me if you know what to do 
i paid 1000€ 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If the same behavior shows up on an HDMI TV screen, then it's likely the GPU. If not, then it's probably the video ribbon cable needs to be reseated or replaced from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    If the same behavior shows up on an HDMI TV screen, then it's likely the GPU. If not, then it's probably the video ribbon cable needs to be reseated or replaced from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much.

Jack E/NJ

• Regular_TSK
    JackE said:
    ***** this sounds complicated id know much about notebook.  It only appeared when playing a game. I‘ll wait if some people have some other ideas if not i‘ll give it back , but thanks anyway. 
  • JackE
    edited December 2021
    Not complicated. If you have TV set, you can connect it to the laptop's HDMI port with an HDMI cable from Home Depot or Lowes. If the TV screen shows the same problem, then it's the graphics.

However, if you just bought it, return it immediately to the vendor/selller as defective for an exchange or refund before the vendor's return defective merchandise authorization period expires. Usually only a few weeks. Acer warranty service will take longer.

Jack E/NJ

• Regular_TSK
    JackE said:
    Not complicated. If you have TV set, you can connect it to the laptop's HDMI port with an HDMI cable from Home Depot or Lowes. If the TV screen shows the same problem, then it's the graphics.

However, if you just bought it, return it immediately to the vendor/selller as defective for an exchange or refund before the vendor's return defective merchandise authorization period expires. Usually only a few weeks. Acer warranty service will take longer.
    Hey jack 
    i tested the notebook again and the error didnt show up 
    i have 3 weeks left to give the laptop back if it has an error. 
    If the laptop doesnt shows the error once more in the following 2 weeks then it shouldnt be something bad ? 
    Maybe the rtx 3060 gpu failed to cooperate with the integrated gpu. The rtx 3060 is only activated in games and the integrated on the desktop. 

What do you think about it 

ik i might be annoying to you but i look forward to hear from you

yours sincerely 

Regular TSK
  • JackE
    This might also be due to electrical or radio frequency interference from the noisy equipment that's also plugged into the mains or router.  How long did this interference last? A few seconds? A few minutes? A few hours?

Jack E/NJ

• Regular_TSK
    JackE said:
    This might also be due to electrical or radio frequency interference from the noisy equipment that's also plugged into the mains or router.  How long did this interference last? A few seconds? A few minutes? A few hours?

Hmmm id think so but could be 
    in the first appearance it took like 5 sec or so  and in the sec one it lasted 1 min and i restarted the laptop and it only appeared when playing league of legends going to the desktop during connecting the game 

so my theory is it couldn’t cooperate with integrated gpu since it appeared when switching from the game on desktop during connecting the game 
  • Regular_TSK
    I tried to find on the internet if someone ever had the same error appeared but couldnt find any i might be the single case 
  • Regular_TSK
    JackE said:

Hmmm since you said something loud, i‘ve an suspicion on my cooler, i have the klim mistral and its a bit noisy but supper efficient cooler maybe this could be the reason
  • Regular_TSK
    JackE said:

Hey jack i found something related could you please take a look https://superuser.com/questions/1015874/computer-crashes-and-glitches-when-gaming-laptop  
  • Regular_TSK
    JackE said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/omkpbv/league_of_legends_loading_screen_flickerglitchy/ This person perfectly addressed my issue 
  • JackE
    Why are you using cooler? It shouldn't need the cooler if it's properly vented, raised above a hard surface, and the thermal paste is in good condition?

Jack E/NJ

• Regular_TSK
    JackE said:
    Why are you using cooler? It shouldn't need the cooler if it's properly vented, raised above a hard surface, and the thermal paste is in good condition?
    Isnt using a cooler in general better for the laptop? I thought the laptop would be more longlasting and heard that the acer nitro series have a heating issue the thermal paste should be in good condition
    my cpu hits 60-70 c and my gpu about 40-50c 

Summarizing you could say this is a gpu issue Or is it a trive issue ? 

• JackE
    >>>my cpu hits 60-70 c and my gpu about 40-50c >>>

This is well within the operating temperature  specifications for a AN5 nitro. Have you had any more display problems since your first post?

Jack E/NJ

• Regular_TSK
    JackE said:

This is well within the operating temperature  specifications for a AN5 nitro. Have you had any more display problems since your first post?
    JackE said:

No problems so far