Fan in acer aspire a315-41

SidGup
SidGup Member Posts: 79 Die Hard WiFi Icon
hey guys i just opened up my laptop to add an m.2 sata ssd. I also saw a hollow case adjacent to cooling fan (the black one shroud like).What i think is it is an option to add another fan.
Please tell me if i am right or not. I want expert opinion on this and it says 2.5x6 on top of it .
One more thing, after i was done cleaning the fan (after removing it from its slot) I reinstalled it perfectly but i am afraid that i tightened the screw on apu too much (Although i didnot pressurized too much) . Will this cause any harm too the apu?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The 41 mainboard is the same as the 41G mainboard except for missing GPU, heatsink, heat pipe and fan. All you will accomplish with another fan is to use more power without any cooling benefit

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    The 2nd fan would be for helping to cool the separate GPU in the A315-41G model. The screws should be snug, not overly tight or you may strip the threads.

Jack E/NJ

• SidGup
    JackE said:
    The 2nd fan would be for helping to cool the separate GPU in the A315-41G model. The screws should be snug, not overly tight or you may strip the threads.
    Thanks for the quick response!!!
    So can i install a fan in that place and improve cooling a little bit. And please link me some compatible fans if u can. (Location: India)
    I m sorry but i didn't understand the thread part.

• JackE
    Sorry, the second separate GPU fan won't help cool the CPU because it also has its own separate cooling duct goes to the separate GPU on the 41G model mainboard. You don't have the separate duct or the separate GPU in the 41 model. It won't work on your model.

If you tighten the screws too much you risk damaging the spiral threads on the screw and the nut it goes into.

Jack E/NJ

• SidGup
    JackE said:
    Sorry, the second separate GPU fan won't help cool the CPU because it also has its own separate cooling duct goes to the separate GPU on the 41G model mainboard. You don't have the separate duct or the separate GPU in the 41 model. It won't work on your model.

If you tighten the screws too much you risk damaging the spiral threads on the screw and the nut it goes into.

Thanks you man!!! People like you make the acer community the best. One more question please... Suppose i just add a fan (without copper pipe and all) for exhausting air out. Is there a fan connector on my board for additional fan? Why they have space for fan in a315 41 models then

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    The 41 mainboard is the same as the 41G mainboard except for missing GPU, heatsink, heat pipe and fan. All you will accomplish with another fan is to use more power without any cooling benefit

Jack E/NJ

• SidGup
    edited December 2021
    JackE said:

Thanks Jack!!! Now i understand I will only be wasting power without any actual use of fan
    One more question Jack... My battery health has degraded 40%. My netbook is still under warranty till nov 2022. Can i get the battery the replaced by service center free of cost?? Will they consider the replacement?

• JackE
    Let's check the battery report. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg   /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ