Acer Nitro 4K 144Hz - in 144Hz mode, not waking up from sleep

TeioDra
TeioDra Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2021 in Monitors
Hi. Is there any help available, with my below issue?

Windows 10 64 bit PRO. AMD 5900X. RTX 3080 MSI Suprim X LHR.
When in 120Hz mode / 1 x DP cable, the monitor goes to sleep and wakes up normally.
When 144Hz mode is enabled and the 2nd DP cable inserted, the monitor doesn't wake up from sleep. It searches for a source, and then displays that no source is available and the monitor's led goes to orange, from blue.

Thank you!

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @TeioDra

You can try to do the monitor self test which is nothing but pressing and holding the power button in the monitor for 20 secs while it is unplugged from the computer including the power cable and the HDMI cable. If it still doesn't work you can try to reinstall the display adapters from the device manager. Please find the below image for driver reinstallation.

Easy Ways to Update NVIDIA Display Driver in Windows 10  Password Recovery

Make sure to uninstall the correct driver. Once after uninstalling the driver you have to restart the computer in order to reinstall the deleted driver.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • TeioDra
    TeioDra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi ragsak28,

Tried holding down the power button for 20s. It didn't start any self test. Except for searching for inputs.
    So, it's weird. If the pc goes to sleep and I wake it up, the monitor is searching for inputs and can't find any. So, I wonder what is it keeping it from behaving normal, like in 120 Hz mode, when it's running on just 1 x DP cable? It's like, I have to go thru all possible settings, until one is compatible.
    Also, the graphics driver is up to date (I usually install this thru the Nvidia's installer, not thru device manager).

Thanks,