Acer Swift X SFX14-41G Audio Issues

Options
swaggyjimmie
swaggyjimmie Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello!
I have an Acer Swift X (model SFX14-41G) and i've been experiencing audio clipping and audio delay. I have tried to install different drivers (an older Realtek driver and the default High Definition Audio driver) but to no avail. It was even more problematic when i had Windows 11 installed, but i rolled back to Windows 10 and that made things a little better, but the issues are still present and it's really annoying. It would be a bummer if i would have to return the laptop to the retailer because i really like it and i got it for a really good price.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Usually those types of issue are seen when a background task is trying too hard to be in the foreground. Boot in safe mode and see if it happens there also.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Passindu
    Passindu Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I have same problem for same device , need help. I'm also very angry about this because i do more entertainment woke in this laptop.
  • Sturlusonne
    Sturlusonne Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just recently bought the swift x and have the same problem. Currently i havent found any fix to this, hopefully they'll give sound driver updates sooner or later

• swaggyjimmie
    swaggyjimmie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Very, very late response to this thread but I'm gonna go through some of the things I tried to fix the issue but that unfortunately didn't work.

I at first tried to fix it by doing what someone else had done, which was going inte Power Plan and setting the specific setting for the NIC to high performance (or something like it, can't remember the exact name but it was atleast the setting that allowed it maximum power)

This did somewhat mitigate the audio clipping and the delays but it also more or less halved my expected battery life, a result which i wasn't satisfied with since the audio issues were still prevalent.

My last-ditch effort was to contact Acer support and after speaking to a support technician via email they suggested sending in the laptop to get repaired. I sent it in, and it took 22 days until it was finally finished. After getting the laptop home a couple of days later, I read the label of what kind of repairs they had made. The only thing they had done was update the BIOS and the drivers, something that I would've easily been able to do at home without having to send in the laptop. Unfortunately though, the audio issues were still there, altough not at extreme as before, but still not acceptable.

I ended up sending the laptop back to the retailer, and bought another laptop instead. Something that I would recommend the people who have been unfortunate enough to get a laptop with these issues to do aswell, if you're able to.

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that these issues stem from faulty hardware, something that Acer can't fix via software updates and probably won't care to fix any other way either. (As in replacing the mainboards of affected Swift X laptops.) I seriously hope that the new generation of Swift X laptops don't have this issue.