Does anyone know what motherboard the after nitro N50-110 has?

Cameronrgd
Cameronrgd Member Posts: 36 Troubleshooter
Does anyone know if there is a sata port to add an addition ssd

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Should have two sata ports and one M2 NVME slot. 

Depending on the model, you may have a spare sata or M2 slot, but if you already have a HDD and an SSD there wont be any spare ( one sata for the drive, one sata for the disk drive) 
  • Cameronrgd
    Leostat said:
    Should have two sata ports and one M2 NVME slot. 

Depending on the model, you may have a spare sata or M2 slot, but if you already have a HDD and an SSD there wont be any spare ( one sata for the drive, one sata for the disk drive) 
    Ok I only have 1 hdd in there at the moment but I can’t see another where about is it located
  • Cameronrgd
    But I do have a m.2 slot 
  • Leostat
    Satas are top Right:

One will be in use with a HDD if you have one or spare if you dont, the other will be in use with the CD drive (orange)

The M2 slot is above these to the left a little bit (green), its a PCIE3 only one so no sata support
  • Cameronrgd
    Ok thx a lot can I unplug the sata from the cd drive and use in ssd?
  • Leostat
    if you dont need the CD drive you can do, you just wouldnt have anywhere to mount the SSD! (I have done that in my pc aha)

Its worth checking if the optical drive that acer have used is using standard sata power though! should be a flatish connector 
  • Cameronrgd
    Leostat said:
    if you dont need the CD drive you can do, you just wouldnt have anywhere to mount the SSD! (I have done that in my pc aha)

Its worth checking if the optical drive that acer have used is using standard sata power though! should be a flatish connector 
    Ye it’s not a standard sata power is there an adapter I can get

• Cameronrgd
    I was looking at these