when should my battery indicator become accurate on acer swift 3 SF313-53-78UG?

emibox1003
emibox1003 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
i bought my first laptop the acer swift 3 SF313-53-78UG and the battery life indicator is very wonky. it goes from 8.5 hr to 7 to 3 to 5 to 12 to whatever. i drained it once using spotify (lasted 7.5 hours) and when i turned it on after it charged again the battery indicator said 2 hours left (it will obviously last longer than that). do i need to drain it again or will normal usage be ok and it'll naturally become stable?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• i bought my first laptop the acer swift 3 SF313-53-78UG and the battery life indicator is very wonky. it goes from 8.5 hr to 7 to 3 to 5 to 12 to whatever. i drained it once using spotify (lasted 7.5 hours) and when i turned it on after it charged again the battery indicator said 2 hours left (it will obviously last longer than that). do i need to drain it again or will normal usage be ok and it'll naturally become stable?

This is a common phenomenon in windows OS’s, I get this all the time and what I do is use the laptop on battery power as mainly using these laptops on the charger and mains power makes this happen so, use your laptop on battery power only to its minimum charge and then recharge the battery fully as these battery charge phenomenon will stop. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Each time you do a full calibration cycle (run until low battery shutdown, charge fully, then turn it on) it gets a bit better...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Athwart
    Athwart Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    StevenGen said:
    This is a common phenomenon in windows OS’s, I get this all the time and what I do is use the laptop on battery power as mainly using these laptops on the charger and mains power makes this happen so, use your laptop on battery power only to its minimum charge and then recharge the battery fully as these battery charge phenomenon will stop. 
    Whilst it is true that using the laptop on battery for a few cycles will give a more reliable battery time remaining indication, you will extend battery life by using it on mains power as much as possible. It is the discharge-recharge cycles that reduces the battery life over time. If you don't need to use it on battery, then avoiding battery discharge cycles is better.

You can get a more reliable indication of battery life by looking at the Full Charge Capacity numbers by running the following command in an admin Cmd Prompt window: powercfg /batteryreport