Acer 236HL - Blinking Blue Power LED & flashing Acer logo

mflanigan11
mflanigan11 Member Posts: 1 New User
Recently moved my dual monitor system into a new bedroom, never had any issues prior to that.

Since the move, one of the monitors began flashing the Blue power LED on the bottom and the initial start up Acer logo flashes on then off. My other monitor is fine.

I've narrowed it down to the power cord because if I switch those cords between monitors, my other monitor then starts to do this.

First time it happened, I left it alone for about an hour and when I came back the monitor was working. Second time, I had just turned it off for the night and turning it one took another hour before it had signal and power. This most recent time, my wife turned it off and it's now been 4 hours and it hasn't come back up.

So it appears that the power cord is the issue...I further tested this by switching the bricks and it seems it's just the section of the power cord which attaches to the monitor itself. A visual inspection of the cord reveals no cuts or kinks and the plug for the monitor seems normal. I'm wondering if this issue could be related to dirt or moisture getting inside the plug head and causing an issue? Can replacement cords be purchased? If not, will any AC adapter cord work for this?

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @mflanigan11,

To what device this monitor is connected ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    There are a bunch of different monitor models with the 236HL designation, B, G, H, P or Q236HL. Is yours one of those? I don't see any that don't have the letter in front... The power supplies are typically fairly easy to find, but you need to match the voltage, plug and have the wattage at least as much as the stock one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.