SSD not detected when installing Win10 onto Acer Nitro 5 N517-54

tyler83
tyler83 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello community,

I've read dozens of topics but cannot find a solution to my issue.

I've tried everything...
created a new media tool from Microsoft Windows website
disabled secure boot

nothing worked!

Please help!

p.s. in the BIOS (v.1.09) there's no option to change the SATA mode.
SSD is a 512 GB [M.2, via PCIe, SSD]

Best Answer

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Could you confirm the model? I can't see that one🤔

If it's an Intel 8/9th gen it's RST , 10th or 11th it would be VMD controller when you hit control+s on the main page on the bios 

If you are single booting it's far better to leave it on, you would just need the right driver, ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html ) the f6 floppy either vmd or non vmd 

You download and extract it, place it in a new folder on the media usb you are using to install windows, and you just hit either f6 or the text that says press here if a driver is needed when you install 

You can try it off, but it slows the SSD down
  • Can you upload a photo of the bios information tab, just editing the snid? 
    Leostat said:
    Could you confirm the model? I can't see that one🤔

If it's an Intel 8/9th gen it's RST , 10th or 11th it would be VMD controller when you hit control+s on the main page on the bios 

If you are single booting it's far better to leave it on, you would just need the right driver, ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html ) the f6 floppy either vmd or non vmd 

You download and extract it, place it in a new folder on the media usb you are using to install windows, and you just hit either f6 or the text that says press here if a driver is needed when you install 

You can try it off, but it slows the SSD down
    Is there this option in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tyler83
    tyler83 Member Posts: 2 New User
    thanks for your great support!

this is an Intel 11th
    I've downloaded the vmd controller drivers

just wondering now if I have to install the

Intel RST VMD Controller 9a0b

or

Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited December 2021
    It should just pull down the rst chipset stuff after the first reboot / update cycle in theory , could always check of you have any yellow / red traingles in device manager and if not don't worry bout it