Wifi Card Upgrade Swift X SFX14-41G

Options
MalikG
MalikG Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hey I have a new Acer Swift X model number SFX14-41G. The MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 wifi card and bluetooth have been giving me a bunch of issues, like randomly disconnecting and even flat out failing a few days ago ( The device wouldn't connect, gave the network unavailable sign and was not seen in device manager) indicating a hardware failure. I want to upgrade to a new wifi card so avoid these issues. Are all Intel AX200 or AX210 Wifi cards compatible with my laptop? Hope you can reply, thanks!

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @MalikG try to contact Acer if your warranty is not expired yet. AX200 and 210 are compatible WIFI card if you are looking for replacing.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @MalikG try to contact Acer if your warranty is not expired yet. AX200 and 210 are compatible WIFI card if you are looking for replacing.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, Acer ships with either the MediaTek or Intel cards, you should be able to swap it out with the Intel if you like that one better. I'd choose either an AX201 or an AX210, not the older AX200 though. They had some teething pains with the older one. Verify first that your warranty is still good if you've opened the chassis, in some countries you have to use an Acer certified service center.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MalikG
    MalikG Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Yeah, Acer ships with either the MediaTek or Intel cards, you should be able to swap it out with the Intel if you like that one better. I'd choose either an AX201 or an AX210, not the older AX200 though. They had some teething pains with the older one. Verify first that your warranty is still good if you've opened the chassis, in some countries you have to use an Acer certified service center.
    Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll more than likely send it to a Service Centre!
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    billsey said:
    I think AX201 works with newer Intel CPUs only. AX200 has the same specs but better compatibility for both Intel and AMD. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry, you are right. The AX201 and AX211 both require Intel chipsets, not AMD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.