Orion 3000 PO3-620. Decrease in performance.While playing games there is FPS drop.

Options
kvlt
kvlt Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 15 in Predator Desktops
So lately i started to have an issue with my pc (Orion 3000 PO3-620) i bought five months ago. The problem is that i noticed a very visble drop of performance in most of games. For example in Witcher 3 I had easily 60 fps and now the frames can drop to even around 45-55. Next, GTA V. In single player i had something around 120 fps and now i have around 80. In other games i have visible drops by approx 20-25 frames less than i had few months ago.
I read some threads on the forum and i found out that it could be because the thermal paste which is not the best but i think it would be strange if the thermal paste would dry out after 5 months since buying the computer. Im not that good with computers so correct me if im wrong.

My specs are:
Intel Core i5 10400F 2.90GHz
8GB RAM 
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650

It is worth adding that i dusted out pc with canned air half a month ago because i thought the dust caused the problem with perfomance(it partly did) But it didnt solved my problem at all and i dont know what could cause it and what is the solution for it.

I will be very grateful for an answer.

PS. Here are my temperatures when using pc:
CPU:
43-56 IDLE 
AROUND 55-66 FULL LOAD

GPU:
35-38 IDLE
AROUND 75 FULL LOAD

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,347 Pathfinder
    edited December 2021
    Options
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,756 Trailblazer
    Options
    Your temperatures look good, check to see what the memory usage is when you see the issue. You might find that you have enough background tasks to max out the 8GB. Also, what are you running for an antivirus? If it's one that came bundled it may have run out and that turns into a real resource hog.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kvlt
    kvlt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Your temperatures look good, check to see what the memory usage is when you see the issue. You might find that you have enough background tasks to max out the 8GB. Also, what are you running for an antivirus? If it's one that came bundled it may have run out and that turns into a real resource hog.

I Had norton that came bundled with pc and uninstalled it. Then i installed avast but it didnt seem to work for me.
  • somykm
    somykm Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem.

I thought the problem was due to poor cooling. Replacing them with more powerful ones did not solve the problem. Also, reinstalling the operating system to Windows 10 does not help.
    Acer has not released driver updates for more than 1 year. Perhaps this is the problem, but I'm not sure.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,756 Trailblazer
    Options

Uninstall Avast as well and just run Defender to see if that makes a difference. Pretty much all those third party apps use a lot of resources.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.