Predator Triton 500 won't find the Nvidia GPU and I can't install drivers

tp3319
tp3319 Member Posts: 1 New User
Let me preface: I know this has been asked before, but from what I've found and understood, I couldn't fix the issue. Also, keep in mind that I don't have extensive knowledge of computers and programming, so please, use simple language and extensive instructions. Thank you.

I bought this laptop (Acer Predator Triton 500) about a week ago but didn't use it much until yesterday. So yesterday, I updated Windows and after the update, launched the game I've played on this laptop before. I noticed everything was working way slower, so I checked and it seemed like my laptop didn't recognize my Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 GPU and was running the game on the Intel UHD GPU. I downloaded the most recent drivers from Nvidia (https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx), but as I tried to install them, I got the 'Driver Install Failed' error. I then downloaded a DDU program, rebooted in safe mode and uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, before installing the Nvidia drivers from Acer's website (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8316?b=1, the ones under VGA drivers). The installation was successful and after rebooting, I could find the Nvidia GPU on my laptop.

Now today, I tried launching the game again and noticed, again, that it was having issues. While I could still see the Nvidia GPU, the game crashed and a BSOD appeared with the error code 'video memory management internal', which is, as per my googling, common when GPU drivers aren't up to date. So I tried to install the latest drivers through Nvidia GeForce Experience. 'Driver Install Failed' again and now I couldn't find the GPU on my laptop again. I repeated the process from yesterday, but this time, trying to install the latest drivers through GeForce Experience instead of the ones from Acer's website. No luck. I got a slightly different error message of 'Installation can't continue'. Now no matter what driver I try to install, even if I uninstall everything through DDU first, the Nvidia drivers cannot install. I don't know if the issue is with Acer or Windows or Nvidia and if you think this would be more suitable for a different forum, please point me in that direction. All I know is that a lot of people have had this issue with this specific model. I found some solutions that involve uninstalling Windows, but that is not something I have the knowledge or courage to do.

Thank you for any tips and suggestion you can give me.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    You shouldnt need to uninstall windows for it, My trition did this from time to time as well. To bring it, make sure the bios is updated to the latest version (it seemed much more stable with the bios updates). If it is fully upto date, just holding in the battery disconnect button on the bottom of the laptop for ~10 seconds should bring it back 
  • MubashirAbbas
    MubashirAbbas Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

update bios to latest version then reset battery from pin hole and your issue will be fixed