Pre installed apps - Swift 1 SF114-34

ahtur
ahtur Member Posts: 5 New User
edited December 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi. I wanted to know if the Spotify and Disney+ apps that I found on my new laptop are also related to an Acer promotion or if they just came with Windows or one of its updates. Thanks.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    They are included by Acer as a service to the users, but should be also available in the Windows store.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ahtur
    billsey said:
    They are included by Acer as a service to the users, but should be also available in the Windows store.
    Thank you for your reply. They're not in the Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online list thought, as opposed, for example, to Evernote and they do not get reinstalled for each new user. So, if Acer is installing them at setup, do you know by which mechanism?

Second question, does Acer provide them along with some discount on the membership like dropbox?
  • billsey
    I believe Acer just includes them for convenience, since they are both available for free in the Microsoft Store. I have no idea why they wouldn't show in Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ahtur
    Would it be possible that they were just randomly installed by the so-called Windows Consumer Experience and not by Acer? What would be the definitive way to tell?
  • billsey
    What Acer model do you have? Sometimes they list the included ones in the service guide...
  • ahtur
    billsey said:
    What Acer model do you have? Sometimes they list the included ones in the service guide...
    Swift 1 SF114-34
  • billsey
    Nope, there  isn't a list of supplied apps in the SG for SF114-34 models. I can't imagine how Windows would have installed them for you, so I expect they are in the Acer software load for that model.
  • ahtur
    billsey said:
    Nope, there  isn't a list of supplied apps in the SG for SF114-34 models. I can't imagine how Windows would have installed them for you, so I expect they are in the Acer software load for that model.
    Thanks for checking though. I still believe Windows could have installed these apps as part of a new feature introduced this fall. Nevertheless, it's a shame Acer didn't reply to my ticket requesting, if not the preinstalled apps, at least the full list of promotions I am entitled to in order to know which apps to blindly delete and which ones to have a closer look at. Dropbox is an obvious one but, even though I've registered the machine, I haven't been provided with a discount code. All I'm asking for is the list of all of those promotions.