Acer Swift 1 sf-114-32 Won't power on. Solid orange light when plugged in.

DoWxInfinite
DoWxInfinite Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
My acer swift 1 won't power on I have a solid orange light when plugged in and nothing when it's not. I've tried literally everything I've read on here. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• DoWxInfinite
    DoWxInfinite Member Posts: 2 New User
    This is my model #
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Have you gone through the battery reset procedure yet? Your SF114-32 has a battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the laptop. Shut down and disconnect everything, including power. Use something like a bent paperclip to press the reset button and hold it for 15-30 seconds. Release the button and wait for 15-30 minutes (good time for a cup of coffee) then plug the power only back in. Wait for the battery indicator to show a full charge (the amber light should turn blue) then hook everything else back up and turn it on. Usually that's all that's needed to get it working right again, but sometimes Windows will continue to give bad numbers for time remaining. If that's the case do a few recalibration cycles. To do a Windows recalibration use the laptop with the charger disconnected until Windows forces a shutdown due to low battery (depending on your configuration that could be anywhere from 3% to 10% or so). Plug the charger in and wait for the full charge indication before turning it back on. Each time you go through one of those cycles it will get more accurate.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • My acer swift 1 won't power on I have a solid orange light when plugged in and nothing when it's not. I've tried literally everything I've read on here. 
    Just as an addition to what billsey has instructed you to do, remember what the lights and reset of battery procedures are for your SF114-32:

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @DoWxInfinite,

May I know what are all the steps you tried to fix this ?