Which PSU is a suitable replacement for Aspire TC-710 Tower.

I currently have a 300w that came with the tower, but it's getting old and I want to replace with something newer.  What are the specs? I have no idea what I need, is 20 or 24 pin, the Motherboard connections...I just don't know.  Anyone got any ideas?

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @jlacharite1

Your TC-710 should not be that kind used 20-pin type as main connector (only those more than two decades old used that). A standard one will do it.

If you are not going to add powerful graphics card for gaming, this one should be good enough at very cheap price:

https://www.newegg.com/evga-400-n1-100-n1-0400-l1-400w/p/N82E16817438038?Description=evga 400w PSU&cm_re=evga_400w PSU-_-17-438-038-_-Product&quicklink=true

Bought one half year ago at a higher price and happy about it. It doesn't have 110V-220V slider switch or power on/off button like in the picture, that is why it is cheaper than others. I like the idea of that and it reflected in a lower price. Through the life time of the PC, it will not be used outside of the US and I never used the power on/off button at the power supply, always software controlled.

If you will add a graphics card, more powerful models also have very competitive prices.
  • jlacharite1

Kindly find attached the details which are enclosed..  These are the specifications which are designed for your computer.     I have also attached the details on how to remove the power supply.   It will be very useful. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ttttt
    @William_mk2

Your pictures really can help non-techincal people to DIY.
    For me, it is only the matter of taking out the four screws at the back of the PSU and then record a video with cellphone/cam corder which connector is pulled out from where.

@jlacharite1, one very important thing is you have to pressed on the tip of the connector latch hard to open it so you can pull the 24-pin connector from the motherboard at the same time, so is the other 4-pin or 6-pin PCIe connector to the motherboard. Otherwise, you cannot remove the connector(s). That's the most diffcult/important part of the whole PSU replacement process.

Other than that, removing SATA power connectors to HDD/SSD or DVD drive is easy.
  • jlacharite1
    jlacharite1 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank you for all the responses, I managed to get it done.  I used this Seasonic Focus Gold, seems to be working well...I sincerely appreciate all the help, thank you!!!!!
  • ttttt
    @jlacharite1

Glad that you reported back. Looks like you are ready to add a powerful graphics card, turning the PC into a gaming machine.