My Aspire V3-571G laptop orange and blue light indicator blink whenever I plug in my adapter

I have an Aspire V3-571G laptop with a new battery which base on my little experience I think is not the problem. Whenever I plug in my adapter the blue and orange light indicator blink and on dragging my cursor to the battery icon it neither says charger plugged in nor charging. The charging icon ( that little charger icon that shows whenever you plug in your adapter) doesn't even appear at all. It charges only if I unplug the adapter and plug it back (sometimes 2 or more times) or switch off the outlet and switch it back on (doesn't work for some outlet though) 

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Try these,
    *Remove the charger.
    *Press and hold power button until there is no light on the laptop.
    *Flip the laptop upside down and you can see a small pin hole at the back of the laptop, put a small pin on the pinhole. Press and hold for 20 secs. Now plugin the charger and check the laptop.

• RaphJohn28
    RaphJohn28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Try these,
    *Remove the charger.
    *Press and hold power button until there is no light on the laptop.
    *Flip the laptop upside down and you can see a small pin hole at the back of the laptop, put a small pin on the pinhole. Press and hold for 20 secs. Now plugin the charger and check the laptop.

Thanks for your reply @Acer-Erick. Should I do this when the computer is off or on? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Do it with the computer off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @RaphJohn28,

Charge Vector Art Icons and Graphics for Free Download

Are you getting this sign.