AN517-41-R56V any options for connect with g-sync monitor ?

blacky157blacky157 Member Posts: 2 New User
Ive just bought nitro 5 with RTX3080. I have monitor with g-sync, but if i want to use this option, I have to connect notebook to DisplayPort socket in my screen. Is there any option for me?. I have also problem with Fullscreen mode in League Of legends on external screen, when im trying play on full screen, my screen is saying "no signal". I have to play on borderless mode. My previous notebook had dp port, and there was no problems at all. It also had a HDMI port, and there was some problems, like this one with fullscreen, so I would love to have connection via dp again.

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-ErickAcer-Erick Moderator Posts: 504 Moderator
    Hi @ blacky157
    You can successfully run G-Sync on a Free Sync monitor if its on NVidia's approved list. You'll have to give up HDR and overdrive to do so, but it works fine
  • blacky157blacky157 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Acer-Erick said:
    Hi @ blacky157
    You can successfully run G-Sync on a Free Sync monitor if its on NVidia's approved list. You'll have to give up HDR and overdrive to do so, but it works fine
    I have approved monitor. What i dont have is DisplayPort in my Acer. On my old one notebook with 2080 max q it works perfectly. Now i have Acer with 3080, but cant use g-sync because i dont have dp port in notebook - only HDMI 2.1, which isn't supporting g-sync.