B3-A40 How do l restore my updates after a factory reset

Options
Salebird
Salebird Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Tablets
Due to a lot of pixelation l did a factory reset on my Acer Iconia, but l can't update anything and it's rubbish.  How do l fix this please?

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    Salebird said:
    Due to a lot of pixelation l did a factory reset on my Acer Iconia, but l can't update anything and it's rubbish.  How do l fix this please?
    Which Iconia model number do you have and you are talking about? 
  • Salebird

Tinkerer

Options
    I have an B3-A40.  Lots of pixelating when downloading so l did a restore but that didn,'t solve the problem so l did a factory reset.  Problem now is I'm stuck at last update being August 2018 and l can't get and further.  Can you help please?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,958 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Salebird said:
    I have an B3-A40.  Lots of pixelating when downloading so l did a restore but that didn,'t solve the problem so l did a factory reset.  Problem now is I'm stuck at last update being August 2018 and l can't get and further.  Can you help please?

Hey Salebird, the problem that you have is probably because you have done something wrong or your tablet is all messed like corrupt systemcache, unknown software glitch, Unknown hardware malfunction etc etc when you did a factory reset. 

Go to the support page of your Iconia One 10 B3-A40 and “Read the B3-A40 SD update manualas you probably haven’t read this guide, if that does not work then try to reinstall this OS compeletley that is for your the...“This image is only for WW_GEN1” Date: 2018/10/08 Version: AV0N0.B3 A40.RV0ARC01.WW.GEN1 which should work 100% for you!

• Salebird

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi SteveGen,

I followed your info but I don't know how to copy the SD image file on to the SD card.  I'm not mega literate with this sort of thing and any further help you could give me would be much appreciated. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You typically use a different computer to copy the update.zip file to the root of the SD card.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Salebird

Tinkerer

Options
    I copied the file to an SD card but for some reason when I try to upload from the SD card the file doesn't show.  Have I uploaded the file wrongly?  I've set the SD card to portable storage.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    IIRC the SD card needs to be in FAT32 format, the update zip file needs to be in the root of the card, and some distributions had an update.zip inside a different zip. so with those you had to extract to get the proper zip file.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.