Fingerprint sensor not working on Swift 3 SF314-42 , more details given below

zamdoms
zamdoms Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hey guys, so I bought my Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 laptop from USA and currently use it in India. I recently installed Windows 11 on my laptop. Till now I've never had any issues with my fingerprint sensor, however since past few days my sensor hasn't been working and I need to access my laptop using my passcode. I checked online and a community post suggested I rollback my driver from device manager. However this option is not available for me. It does not let me choose this. I am attaching the screenshot of the message it displays on my device. I also checked in settings and under the sign-in options, my laptop fails to recognise the fingerprint sensor. It says there is no fingerprint sensor. I am attaching a screenshot of this message as well below. I have already sent Acer India an email regarding this but if anyone here has a solution please do help me. I am open to all suggestions. Thank you.

Answers

• Have you tried uninstalling and deleting the driver?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    What CPU, memory and storage do you have on your system? Insufficient resources either points toward an actual lack of resources (so no memory left or no space left) or a buggy driver that's, for instance, trying to allocate the entire universe instead of the small amount of memory it should need... If there is no indication you are actually running out of resources when starting W11 do as suggested and force a reinstall of the driver.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @zamdoms,

Is there any damage on it.