Fingerprint reader not working on my swift SF314-42 after upgrading to windows 11

Options
MuhidImran
MuhidImran Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2021 in Windows 11
It says in the settings "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint"
It says the same for the pin but the pin works.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried uninstalling and deleting the driver?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does the scanner show in Device Manager? Are there any warning or errors in there, even if unrelated to the scanner itself?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @MuhidImran,

An outdated or corrupted biometric driver could also lead to the fingerprint sensor not working after Windows 11 update. To solve the problem, you should also update your biometric driver to the latest version. ... Tip: You can also select Uninstall device to uninstall the biometric driver and then reinstall it.
  • cchessman
    cchessman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

Why can't windows download the drivers for the Egistec Biometric device?  I have tried disabling device, searching for new drivers, uninstalling and the reinstalling device...