Acer Nitro 515-54 not booting

carsblox
carsblox Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hello I have the acer nitro 515-54 i5-9300h and 1650. I opened it up to put a ram stick into my other laptop, and upon turning it on I found that it wont turn on. When I click power, the keybord illuminates and thats it. After awhile the fans will quietly turn on but nothing else. I dont think the screen is black screen, I think its just not showing anything at all. Thank you!

Answers

• When you remove the new ram stick, does the computer turn on? What is the new stick model and bios version?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • carsblox

Tinkerer

When you remove the new ram stick, does the computer turn on? What is the new stick model and bios version?
    When I removed the ram stick, it did turn on but the screen wouldnt show anything. It had 2 8gb sticks and I took out one. Im not 100% sure on the bios or model. 
  • OK! Now disconnect the lition battery and the rtc battery. Then press the power button for thirty seconds. Connect only the oem ram memory and lastly, connect the rtc battery and the lithion battery, in that order.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @carsblox,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • carsblox

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @carsblox,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
    Yeah when I plug in the charger I get the blue indiction light on the side panel. 
  • carsblox

Tinkerer

OK! Now disconnect the lition battery and the rtc battery. Then press the power button for thirty seconds. Connect only the oem ram memory and lastly, connect the rtc battery and the lithion battery, in that order.
    What is the rtc battery?
  • Is your laptop under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• carsblox

Tinkerer

edited December 2021
    Is your laptop under warranty?

Sadly my warranty ended earlier this year. 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @carsblox,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • carsblox

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @carsblox,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
    So I tried this and when I hold F2 and then click the power button, nothing happens on the screen. My keyboard will illuminate and my fans will start up for about a second or two and then they stop. I also looked at the other forum that was linked and I took out the battery and checks the cables under it that may have been connected to keyboard. Any other thoughts?:(
  • Try disconnecting the rtc battery, the lithion battery, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• carsblox

Tinkerer

Try disconnecting the rtc battery, the lithion battery, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.
    Ok after doing this is there a specific way to go about reconnecting the batteries and booting up the laptop?
  • carsblox

Tinkerer

carsblox said:
    Try disconnecting the rtc battery, the lithion battery, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.
    Ok after doing this is there a specific way to go about reconnecting the batteries and booting up the laptop?
    So after waiting I reconnected the rtc and then lithion battery. I pressed the power button and the LED keyboard lit up quickly and disappeared. I waited and the LEDs came back on after around 30 seconds? Still nothing from the screen. 
  • carsblox said:

I advise contacting support as soon as possible. Check what they can do, as your laptop is not far past its warranty period.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• carsblox

Tinkerer

carsblox said:

I advise contacting support as soon as possible. Check what they can do, as your laptop is not far past its warranty period.
    Ok where would I find the best form of contacting them?
  • In what country do you live?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer