Acer Aspire 1 A114-32 - connecting a separate monitor

klatoo
klatoo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I'm finding the screen on this little laptop a wee bit small to read comfortably.
A friend suggested I buy a 21" or 24" monitor to connect the side HDMI port.
But it's not a very powerful laptop, I'm not sure it would drive a monitor.
Anyone know if it would work?
Also, it only has 4gb of ram, could I get some more ram fitted?
Thanks very much,

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Yes, it should easily drive the video signal needed by just about any external HDMI input monitor or TV set since the monitor and TV sets have their own power supplies. Your laptop's mainboard should have one DDR3L RAM expansion socket for up to a 4GB DDR3L sodimm module  for a total of 8GB RAM with the builtin 4GB RAM. Go to crucial.com and run their upgrade scanner on your machine or open the RAM door if available to see the RAM socket.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

You can upgrade your Acer Aspire 1 A114 Laptop to up to a maximum memory capacity of 8GB Memory.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Yes, it should easily drive the video signal needed by just about any external HDMI input monitor or TV set since the monitor and TV sets have their own power supplies. Your laptop's mainboard should have one DDR3L RAM expansion socket for up to a 4GB DDR3L sodimm module  for a total of 8GB RAM with the builtin 4GB RAM. Go to crucial.com and run their upgrade scanner on your machine or open the RAM door if available to see the RAM socket.

Jack E/NJ