upgrades for Predator Orion 3000

Options
XPLAYER0NE
XPLAYER0NE Member Posts: 2 New User
i was just wonder if there was any upgrades for extra cooling for the orion 3000 as i know its a small case and if anyone had upgraded any parts or added any parts 

many thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    It somewhat depends on which PO3 model you have. In general there are cooling upgrades that many users here have done, the best one for your system really needs us to know which system you have. :) So PO3-600, -610, -620, -630? Which CPU, GPU, how much memory, what size and type of drive? What are you seeing for idle temperatures? How about the max temperatures when doing really heavy gaming?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • thchronic
    thchronic Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello guys. I have PO3-630, i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz, 16,0 GB DDR4, SSD 1 tb, RTX 3060 Ti con 8 gb >> gddr6. I am very pleased with this machine for now and I think at this point it no need no upgrade, but just to check... What u think, the people who knows more about this guys... Thanks!
  • billsey
    Options
    Looks like you already have it down pretty good. I'd wait a couple of years before looking at any reasonable upgrades. (Now, if you want to be unreasonable...)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GamingGuru
    GamingGuru Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hey guys just wondering is there any upgrades for this pc Device name Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620 10th gen Intel® Core i7 i7-10700 Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620, 2.9 GHz, 10th gen Intel® Core i7, i7-10700
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Dedicated GPU memory 0.9/6.0 GB
    GPU Memory 1.0/14.0 GB
    GPU Temperature 48%
    Shared GPU memory 0.1/8.0 GB 
    that's it without playing games but when i play apex the GPU goes to about 78 in temperature. and the cpu goes to about 68 in temperature
  • Masquirrel
    Masquirrel Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    thchronic said:
    Hello guys. I have PO3-630, i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz, 16,0 GB DDR4, SSD 1 tb, RTX 3060 Ti con 8 gb >> gddr6. I am very pleased with this machine for now and I think at this point it no need no upgrade, but just to check... What u think, the people who knows more about this guys... Thanks!
    I would definitely get at least another stick of ram if you can find the same type. That might help with some performance. Aside from that, maybe an SSD instead of a hard drive. 
  • billsey
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @GamingGuru you are missing a couple of really important points in your specs. You don't tell us what GPU you have installed and you don't tell us what type and size of storage you have. Those can make a big difference in terms of system performance. Also, since your machine is a PO3-620 and this thread is for a PO3-630 you should start your own thread instead of trying to camp out on this one. The answers likely will be different for the different machines.