Aspire 7 A715-75G Not able to open camera after windows 11 update

Ramana_kaja
Ramana_kaja Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Windows 11
Not able to open camera after windows 11 update in my acer aspire 7 laptop.

1.laptop not able to detect camera
2. Camera drivers not present in device manager

Camera drivers not present in acer official website

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Which Aspire 7 model do you have? It is likely something like A7xx-xxx-xxxx. Are there any warning or errors in Device Manager, even if it's not obviously for the camera?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Ramana_kaja,

Did you try to open through some apps. 
  • Ramana_kaja

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Which Aspire 7 model do you have? It is likely something like A7xx-xxx-xxxx. Are there any warning or errors in Device Manager, even if it's not obviously for the camera?
    Model is Aspire A715-75G
    Even in settings > bluetooth & devices > cameras section also showing not able to detect camera
  • Ramana_kaja

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @Ramana_kaja,

Did you try to open through some apps. 
    Yes not able to open
  • Ramana_kaja

Tinkerer

Is there any way we can download camera drivers manually. Error is we can't find your camera

• billsey
    Camera drivers are part of the basic Windows install. I doubt your issue is camera driver related, instead I believe it to be in the underlying internal USB port between the camera and motherboard. Here is the block diagram for your system:
    As you can see the camera and fingerprint reader are on internal USB ports. When a device is placed on a USB port the system inquires as to the type of device and the device responds with enough info for the system to load drivers. If the data that is received is garbled the system doesn't understand what is there and doesn't load drivers. That is likely what is happening with yours and the symptom would be there is no camera to be seen. The issue can be caused by a bad camera module, by a bad connection in the wires between the camera module and the motherboard or by a corrupted USB hub driver. We hope it's the latter because just removing and replacing the hub driver should fix it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ramana_kaja

Tinkerer

Is it with all the acer aspire 7 laptopa or just me?
  • Ramana_kaja

Tinkerer

How to replace the hub driver?
  • billsey
    It's not an Acer thing, pretty much all laptops can have the issue. Usually a reinstall of the USB hub drivers clears it up.
  • Ramana_kaja

Tinkerer

Not working even after reinstalling of USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) Drivers.
    Camera error code:- 0XA00F4244
  • Ramana_kaja

Tinkerer

Is there any other way to make it work?
  • Unkn
    Unkn Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited December 2021
    Its an aspire 7 thing and acer ****
    :(

Edited the thread
  • Matt73UK
    Matt73UK Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Did you ever find a way to fix this problem? I have the same issue with my Aspire 7! 
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    " internal USB ports." there have been a number of posts about USB ports going away with Win 11. Are a number of web answers to problem but basically you turn off everything in the USB section of Device Manage and in Power Management that allows the computer to control the ports.

• Ramana_kaja

Tinkerer

Matt73UK said:
    Did you ever find a way to fix this problem? I have the same issue with my Aspire 7! 
    No, not able to find the solution.
    Downgraded to windows 10
  • Dya
    Dya Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello, for some reason my camera was was disabled and cant operates. what is the issue yea. I tried to fix thru setting as well as Device Manager but to no success. I am using Acer ASPIRE 5 : (
  • Dya
    Dya Member Posts: 2 New User
    Dya said:
    Hello, for some reason my camera was was disabled and cant operates. what is the issue yea. I tried to fix thru setting as well as Device Manager but to no success. I am using Acer ASPIRE 5 : (
    ..it was working well back then, last access was in March and i remember there was Windows auto update appears back in April/May, and this happened post the updates.
  • Skyairey
    Skyairey Member Posts: 1 New User