How to set Battery Charging Limit.How to set when the battery 30% then there will be a charge

Rifat
Rifat Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 24 in Aspire Laptops
How to set when the battery  30% then there will be a charge.When battery 80% that it will stop charge.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open AcerCareCenter app to see if battery charge limiter is available. If not, go to this link, enter your machine full ACER model number (for example E5-575G) and download and install the latest AcerCareCenter.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Rifat,

The classic Control Panel will open to the Power Options section – click the Change plan settings hyperlink. Then click on the Change advanced power settings hyperlink. Now scroll down and expand the Battery tree and then Reserve battery level and change the percentage to what you want.
  • Terriakiboy
    Terriakiboy Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2023

I downloaded the latest version of Acer Care Center and there is no option to set a battery charge limit when I go to Checkup then Battery health. Very dissappointing. I'd really like to get that feature back. I have a Nitro AN515-54

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>I'd really like to get that feature back. I have a Nitro AN515-54>>>

If you had the feature on the original ACER OEM factory Win10 version, then you should still have it. Unless of course you tried to upgrade to Win11 or reinstalled a generic Win10 version using Microsoft's media creation tool.

Jack E/NJ

• RobbEesh
    RobbEesh Member Posts: 1 New User

I can confirm that this feature has disappeared.

Using Acer Swift 5 (SF515-51T-54LK) from 2019. The feature was available.

I did not update to Win 11 nor did I reinstall or change my Win 10 setup whatsoever.

This is very annoying as it will further reduce my battery life.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder

Please do not try to limit charging of a modern Li-Ion laptop battery, this is absolutely useless and can cause issues with Windows "Modern Standby protocol" Browse this forum and you may find that the general consensus is very negative on "Battery Longevity" theory that unfortunately major laptop vendors still have implemented in their software, but Acer no longer does. Leave your power adapter plugged in 24/7 and keep the battery fully loaded.

This discussion has been closed.