Has anyone upgraded their Helios 300 to Windows 11 ?

Options
dd4005
dd4005 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Windows 11
Ideally I'd like to buy a Helios 300 with it pre-installed but that's not offered yet (on the German Acer website). I know it will be one day but I understand it's going to be a few weeks until it's available and the closer to Christmas it is the less chance I have of being able to get one in terms of demand/in-stock-status/delivery times.

I tried updating my current Acer Aspire 5 to Windows 11 and after 2 hours of installation process it eventually popped up a tiny dialog that said "Installation Failed". Yes, it was that helpful.

I'd like to know if any of you got a Helios 300 and had the upgrade to Win 11 go smoothly (or more importantly I guess, if it didn't).

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    @dd4005

Kindly go through the details from the link given below ( Scroll down - download the pc health check up -  It will show you the eligibility for installing Windows 11 ) 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/windows-11
    https://www.theverge.com/22708478/microsoft-windows-11-upgrade-free-os-how-to-download

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-58VH. I have model PH315-52 and have successfully installed WINDOWS 11.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dd4005
    dd4005 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    @dd4005

Kindly go through the details from the link given below ( Scroll down - download the pc health check up -  It will show you the eligibility for installing Windows 11 ) 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/windows-11
    https://www.theverge.com/22708478/microsoft-windows-11-upgrade-free-os-how-to-download
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-58VH. I have model PH315-52 and have successfully installed WINDOWS 11.

I already went through the requirements for eligibility - I wouldn't have been able to start the install without it being eligible. The install was very happy and went through various steps. It was at least two hours of progress before it eventually gave up with a useless error dialog. The model I've currently got is an Aspire 5 (A515-52G-52S7). But I plan to upgrade to a Helios 300 so it's not all that important about my Aspire anymore. I'm fine with not wasting any more effort on it and can leave it as Windows 10.

I'm really looking to hear about Helios 300 Windows 11 Upgrade experiences.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can partition your hard drive or ssd and install windows on this new partition using a microsoft iso.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    There have been a lot of Helios 300 models over the years, which models are you looking at? I believe the oldest used the 8th gen Intel chipset, so should have W11 compatibility. To hear of other user's experience in an apples to apples way you will have to define which models you are looking at.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.