Microphone not recognized Aspire E 15 laptop (model E5-575G-57D4)

DeathDoge0
DeathDoge0 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Aspire E 15 laptop (model E5-575G-57D4) with a working microphone built into it, but my problem is that whenever I connect a headset or microphone, no sound will be registered from it. The computer doesn't set it as the primary microphone unless I disable the built-in microphone, but it does recognize the microphone as existing. Does anyone have a possible solution for this?

Best Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    DeathDoge0

There is nothing wrong in restarting the computer after installing the driver.   You did everything right !

If it is working fine on other headset then it might be an issue with your current headset.    Kindly check your headset on another computer.    You might have to use an adapter for your current headset to make it to work or buy a compatible headset.   Some laptop ports will not adapt to some headset.  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• DeathDoge0

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Update: It was an OMTP/CTIA problem, meaning that the audio types were just incompatible. An OMTP to CTIA or vice versa adaptor can fix this, or an adaptor that splits the audio into different microphone and video cords then back again.

Answers

• William_mk2
    edited November 2021
    @DeathDoge0

click on start - settings - system – sound – You will see  chose your output and input device 
    On the " chose your output device "  - chose headset or speakers as you desire..
    On the "chose your input device" - click on drop down menu - chose microphone as the input 

On type here to search on the lower left corner 
    type microphone privacy 
    go to microphone privacy settings on the top
    check whether  Allow access to the microphone on this device is on 
    If it is off - click on change and turn it on

Allow apps to access your microphone is on 

Scroll down - chose which microsoft store apps can access your microphone
    check the apps escpecially zoom, skype , camera to on

Allow Desktop apps to access your microphone to on

It should work fine ..

Please use the link for reference purpose 
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-microphone-problems-5f230348-106d-bfa4-1db5-336f35576011
    https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microphone-doesnt-work-on-windows-10/
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-windows-10-upgrade-issue-internal-microphone-not-working/

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• DeathDoge0

Tinkerer

edited November 2021
    @William_mk2

When I click on "choose your [output/input] device" the only thing that shows up is "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)" and "Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)" respectively. As for the other suggestions you included, all of them were already done/not changed. Thanks for helping but I am still struggling.
  • William_mk2
    DeathDoge0

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.   I will do my best to help you.. 

Try windows x 
    Go to device manager - Go to sound video and game controllers.  Expand it 
    Uninstall the sound driver from device manager.  Please uninstall all the items below the sound video and game controllers. 
    Restart the computer.  It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the sound driver from device manager 
    Dont restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the sound driver 

It should work fine..

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• DeathDoge0

Tinkerer

@William_mk2

I followed the steps you suggested and it didn't work either time, but the one thing I was unsure about was installing the new driver; I extracted the file and ran the Setup.exe file, then after a few steps it prompted me to restart. If I did something wrong there I would appreciate it if you could let me know, but if not you don't need to worry about it.
  • DeathDoge0

Tinkerer

Update: I borrowed somebody else's headset that has an adaptor for audio and video along with connectors for both, and it worked just as you'd expect from any other headset. If anyone knows why that is or if there is any way to fix it for other headsets, if you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated.
  • William_mk2
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    DeathDoge0

There is nothing wrong in restarting the computer after installing the driver.   You did everything right !

If it is working fine on other headset then it might be an issue with your current headset.    Kindly check your headset on another computer.    You might have to use an adapter for your current headset to make it to work or buy a compatible headset.   Some laptop ports will not adapt to some headset.  

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• DeathDoge0

Tinkerer

@William_mk2

Thank you for all your help. While I still think it's a problem with the computer, as my headset, my airpods, and a full-fledged microphone I borrowed all don't work, if getting a better headset would fix the issue, then I don't think I need to pry into it further.
  • DeathDoge0

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Update: It was an OMTP/CTIA problem, meaning that the audio types were just incompatible. An OMTP to CTIA or vice versa adaptor can fix this, or an adaptor that splits the audio into different microphone and video cords then back again.