My laptop keyboard is not working

Rifat
Rifat Member Posts: 2 New User
My Laptop Keyboard is not working. I reboot completely my laptop, keyboard filter keys off. but not working keyboard.But power key is working fine. What is problem? 

Best Answer

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rifat

First you can try power drain that is disconnecting the laptop from the charger and turning it off completely and then flip your laptop upside down. At the back side of the laptop you will have a tiny hole that has a battery symbol near that. Try to push and hold it down with the help of a safety pin or a paper clip for 30 secs. Hopefully it should work. If not then try to reinstall the keyboard drivers in the laptop.

Fixed Keyboard Not Working on Windows 10 - Driver Easy

Please follow the above image to reinstall the keyboard driver from the device manager. After uninstalling the driver please do reboot the laptop once and then check with the keyboard.

If the above step also doesn't work then you can do with a complete reset. But make sure you backup all your files before you do this reset. Because in this process you will loose all your data in the laptop.

Please follow the below steps to do the reset.

To reset your PC

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Hope it will help you in some way.

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rifat

First you can try power drain that is disconnecting the laptop from the charger and turning it off completely and then flip your laptop upside down. At the back side of the laptop you will have a tiny hole that has a battery symbol near that. Try to push and hold it down with the help of a safety pin or a paper clip for 30 secs. Hopefully it should work. If not then try to reinstall the keyboard drivers in the laptop.

Fixed Keyboard Not Working on Windows 10 - Driver Easy

Please follow the above image to reinstall the keyboard driver from the device manager. After uninstalling the driver please do reboot the laptop once and then check with the keyboard.

If the above step also doesn't work then you can do with a complete reset. But make sure you backup all your files before you do this reset. Because in this process you will loose all your data in the laptop.

Please follow the below steps to do the reset.

To reset your PC

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ Rifat
    Please mention your model name of unit 
  • Thajudddin001
    Thajudddin001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Aspire F5-573G KEY BOARD IS NOT WORKING. PLEASE HELP ME OUT. THANKS