nitro 5 AN515-55 How to change CL and mhz?

ChubbyLemon
ChubbyLemon Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Nitro Gaming
hi, im getting new ram for my acer nitro 5 AN515-55. Instead of 8gb ram, im getting 32 (2x16)gb ram. my computer is now running at 1400 mhz wiht 21 CL. The ram im getting has 2400 mhz and CL 17. My friend told me i'd have to update bios, and change my computer's mhz and cl to match the ram's mhz and cl. I dont know how to do any of those 3 though. Can someone help?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You can not change the frequency, CL values in BIOS, so I would  suggest you not to update BIOS, the memory modules will run at 2400MHz with CL value of 17, it's a plug and play hardware, it means that it will work according to the specification of the manufacturers.
  • ChubbyLemon

Tinkerer

Hi,
    You can not change the frequency, CL values in BIOS, so I would  suggest you not to update BIOS, the memory modules will run at 2400MHz with CL value of 17, it's a plug and play hardware, it means that it will work according to the specification of the manufacturers.
    so basically, all i have to do is put my 2 ram sticks in and im done?
  • Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.
  • ChubbyLemon

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.
    Ok got it. Thank you so much you were very helpful
  • Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.
    You are welcome  :)
  • ChubbyLemon

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.
    Sorry i just have 1 more question, can the ram be too big for my ram slots? the ram i got is (6.76 x 0.38 x 3 cm; 15 Grams). is it possible those dimensions are too big or too small for my computer's ram slots or does it all come in the same size?
  • Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.
    Sorry i just have 1 more question, can the ram be too big for my ram slots? the ram i got is (6.76 x 0.38 x 3 cm; 15 Grams). is it possible those dimensions are too big or too small for my computer's ram slots or does it all come in the same size?
    If they are DDR4 SODIMM modules, they will be fine, it's better if you post the model name of the RAM modules. all SODIMM modules are compatible with laptops, DIMM modules are meant for Desktop PCs.
  • ChubbyLemon

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.
    If they are DDR4 SODIMM modules, they will be fine, it's better if you post the model name of the RAM modules. all SODIMM modules are compatible with laptops, DIMM modules are meant for Desktop PCs.

''Mushkin Essentials – DDR4 Laptop DRAM – 32GB (2x16GB) SODIMM Memory Kit – 2400MHz (PC4-19200) CL-17 – 260-pin 1.2V Notebook RAM – Dual-Channel – Low-Voltage – (MES4S240HF16GX2)''

thats the model name so since it is SODIMM, it would work with my laptop right?
  • Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.

''Mushkin Essentials – DDR4 Laptop DRAM – 32GB (2x16GB) SODIMM Memory Kit – 2400MHz (PC4-19200) CL-17 – 260-pin 1.2V Notebook RAM – Dual-Channel – Low-Voltage – (MES4S240HF16GX2)''

Yes, it should be fine.
  • ChubbyLemon

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.

Yes, it should be fine.
    Ok thank you so much i just ordered it
  • Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.

Yes, it should be fine.
    No problem  :)
  • ChubbyLemon

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.

Yes, it should be fine.
    Once again, sorry about this. But i plugged in a monitor to my laptop. i saw the fps drop and did research and apparently, i have to make it so that the monitor is the primary display and the only display (this would make the laptop screen shut off). I'm trying to find how to make the monitor the only and primary screen but i dont know how. Could you help me with this?
  • Hi,
    Yes, that's correct.

Yes, it should be fine.
    Once again, sorry about this. But i plugged in a monitor to my laptop. i saw the fps drop and did research and apparently, i have to make it so that the monitor is the primary display and the only display (this would make the laptop screen shut off). I'm trying to find how to make the monitor the only and primary screen but i dont know how. Could you help me with this?
    Sorry, please start a new thread about this problem, other members with more experience will also participate and provide an answer, this thread has been solved so they may ignore this post.