Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G Screen fix / Screen cable replacement

gamegeek292
gamegeek292 Member Posts: 1 New User
Recently my Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G's screen stopped working, and I deduced that it was a backlight issue because the computer would function as normal and if you shone a flashlight up to the screen you could see the liquid crystal matrix was working. I have tested the screen with an old laptop and it works fine, so I think the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard is broken. I have been trying to find a replacement cable online to fix the laptop myself but I couldn't find any after about 4 hours of searching.

Do I need to get the exact cable for the screen to work and does anyone know where I could find one and point me in the right direction.
Also the reason I would rather fix the laptop myself is that it would take an extra month to ship it to and from Acer with the pandemic and Christmas coming up.

Photos of the cable:  

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    Answer ✓
    @gamegeek292

It looks like a hardware issue.. 

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  Click on  "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.   There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store:  Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    Answer ✓
    @gamegeek292

It looks like a hardware issue.. 

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  Click on  "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.   There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store:  Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★