How to setup Windows 11 without a Microsoft Account

Alterego_9
Alterego_9 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2021 in Windows 11

I just figure it out and wanted to share that Windows 11 Home requires you to use a Microsoft account during the install and setup process, but there are a few ways to trick the setup to allow you to create a local account.

Method 1: When you get to the screen that prompts you to connect to WiFi, press the Alt + F4 keys at the same time. The connect to network window should close and allow you to continue the setup without a Microsoft account.

Method 2: Immediately after connecting to the wireless network during setup, disable the wireless feature or put the system in Airplane mode by pressing F2 or F3  (varies by model) on your notebook computer.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the normal way for both W10 and W11 is to just not be on a network when you install.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the normal way for both W10 and W11 is to just not be on a network when you install.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.