[USB Port Problem] My USB Port 3.0 can't detect 2.0 Devices Swift SFX 14 - 41G

KioHiraa
KioHiraa Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi, i am using Acer Swift SFX 14 - 41G
Today one of my USB 3.0 port can't detect some of the devices
My USB port can detect device like my flash drive and my HDD (USB 3.0), but my USB unable to detect my other device such as pen tablet, mouse, printer (any devices that uses 2.0). my other devices isn't broken because it can be use with the other USB (But i need to use pentab and mouse at the same time for efficiency)
The USB still giving the power to my device, but the input or output isn't shows up on my device
How do i fix this? i already try to uninstall and reinstall from device manager, but it wouldn't help. any ideas?

+i don't know this information is necessary or not, the "broken" USB is "Always-On USB"

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Boy, anything I can think of that might cause those symptoms are hardware issues... If that's the case it's best to contact Acer support on it. USB3 ports are backwards compatible with USB2 devices.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Boy, anything I can think of that might cause those symptoms are hardware issues... If that's the case it's best to contact Acer support on it. USB3 ports are backwards compatible with USB2 devices.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KioHiraa
    KioHiraa Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    okayy, thank you for the answer, i will go to acer service center ASAP. btw, if its hardware issues, do i get waranty? i bought this laptop arround this 3 month 
  • billsey
    Warranty is different in different locales, but in most cases that I'm aware of it's a year except for refurbished machines.
  • nmb020
    nmb020 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi KioHiraa,

I have the same problem in Acer Swift X which I got 6 months ago. I have tried re-installing drives but no use. Of 2 USB 3 ports one is working fine (Left of the laptop one) but the other one (right of the laptop one) is giving power and recognizing HDD and Pen drive, but not recognizing mouse etc.

Did you manage to get yours resolved and if so how?