Acer SP111-33 touch screen not Working

Sayai
Sayai Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Recently my hard drive got faulty, so i had to replace new one and install a new OS for my laptop. Now the problem is touchscreen is not working. and in Device manager I2C HID Device manager is missing, please help

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    First check and verify both the chipset driver and the serial IO drivers are installed. They are often the culprit when a vanilla Windows install is done to a laptop. If they both are good the bring up the properties on the I2C HID Device that is showing the warning, go to the Details tab and show us the Hardware IDs from the pull down menu. The touch screen looks to the system like a serial data stream off an internal USB port.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sayai

Tinkerer

Sorry  i am new to all this, can't figure out exactly Chipset and Serial IO. Screenshot attach of System Devices
  • Sayai

Tinkerer

Hardware ID of I2C HID
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Sayai,

Go to "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager". Select the "Monitors" section and right click on your monitor. Check the information for the touch screen and make sure it is "enabled".
  • Sayai

Tinkerer

Hi @Easwar i dont find any touch screen in the Monitor Section.
  • billsey
    Show us the General tab on the I2C device with the warning. The two drivers I mentioned are available from Acer's support site. Just plug your serial number, SNID or model number in to their search box and it will take you to the drivers. Select the appropriate OS and download those two, then install them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sayai

Tinkerer

@billsey General Tab
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Sayai,

Try to press Fn+F7. 
  • billsey
    OK, so the data on that internal USB port is getting garbled, leading to the error. We saw a rash of those after a Windows update about a year ago, but I thought they'd pretty much got it cleared up by now. Check to make sure all your updates are installed and do a full power cycle to see if it clears up.
  • Sayai

Tinkerer

Thanks to all for Help. i had try uninstalling and installing Driver, windows Update. Now i have even upgraded to Windows 11. but all in vain, remain the same no touchscreen.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)