[SOLVED] Acer Aspire V5-431 fn key for Screen Brightness

ServisLaptopJogja
ServisLaptopJogja Member Posts: 1 New User
Actually this is not a question. Just sharing my experience on this laptop under Windows 7 (x64) environment, eventhough VGA drivers seems to be already installed correctly.

For those experience Fn keys not working to vary screen brightness, the Fn keys actually working fine.

Open the Power Options, take a look at brightness slider at the lower side of the Power Options screen. Press the keys Fn+Left or Fn+Right, the slider moving along to the left / right direction as the Fn keys pressed. But the screen brightness is just freezing, no change.

This can be solved by uninstalling current VGA drivers first, then install the following driver.

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_8.15.10.2712_W7x86W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634722148786582827&Step1=Notebook,%20Ultrabook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%20V5-431&OS=701&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_6

Reboot the laptop, now screen brightness reacted correctly with Fn keys.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Thanks for the Win7 tip. :)

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @ServisLaptopJogja,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​
  • nickybg
    nickybg Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

my laptop is A515-57G. Fn key brightness not working.

OS: Windows Server 2019. Do you have any solution to this problem?

It can't be adjusted from the OS settings either. The other function buttons work correctly.

• JackE

nickybg

You can try updating the drivers and firmware from this link but they are meant for the original ACER OEM factory installed operating system.

Jack E/NJ

• nickybg
    nickybg Member Posts: 2 New User

I haven't updated the firmware, but I don't think I will either. I updated the drivers. I bought the laptop a week ago.

• JackE

>>>haven't updated the firmware, but I don't think I will either.>>>

Good decision. 🙂

Jack E/NJ