Ram upgrade for aspire xc-605

Hinlog
Hinlog Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
hi,

I recently bought 2x4gb Kingston ddr3 1600 RAM aspire xc-605. After installation, the PC still displays 4gb, is there anything that I have to alter before it can recognize the other chip? I am assuming that the other slot doesn't recognize the chip bec I tried to install/test it individually using the primary slot and in both instances, the desktop recognizes the 4gb ram. Please help. Thanks.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• Hinlog
    Answer âś“
    This sealed it..Insert the memory module into the DIMM slot (1) then press it down until it latches into place (2). --I thought I have done it well previously, so I repeated again consciously and it worked. Thanks 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Hinlog said:
    hi,

I recently bought 2x4gb Kingston ddr3 1600 RAM. After installation, the PC still displays 4gb, is there anything that I have to alter before it can recognize the other chip? I am assuming that the other slot doesn't recognize the chip bec I tried to install/test it individually using the primary slot and in both instances, the desktop recognizes the 4gb ram. Please help. Thanks.

Your XC-605 can have the following RAM modules combinations:

Also the 2x 4GB DDR3-1600MHz memory modules that you have should work with your desktop! Also and just for your information, the total memory capacity that your XC-605 can take is 16GB (using two 8 GB modules) DIMM’s of 240-pins unbuffered DDR3 SDRAM modules of data rates of either 1066MHz or 1333MHz or 1600MHz modules. To check if the slots work, insert 1 x 4 GB module into either RAM DIMM1 or DIMM2 and check if they work individually with both of your 4GB RAM modules? 

Check if you have positioned these RAM modules properly into their DIMM slots as instructed by Acer below? Insert the memory module into the DIMM slot (1) then press it down until it latches into place (2)

• Hinlog
    Answer âś“
    This sealed it..Insert the memory module into the DIMM slot (1) then press it down until it latches into place (2). --I thought I have done it well previously, so I repeated again consciously and it worked. Thanks 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Hinlog,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​