Monitor Driver

Divin3
Divin3 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I use an acer monitor (P223W)

My problem is that I need a monitor driver for windows 7 64bit.

I could not find any drivers for it on acer website.

Thank you for your help.

With Regards,

Lorand

Answers

• revmatthew
    revmatthew Member Posts: 3 New User

Well welcome to the group.

I have an acer monitor and have been asking support and such for the driver - which they say I should install to stop the thing never shutting down when the computer sleeps- and they send me to acer support site.  Nothing there.  I don't see why this monitor, unlike dozens of other brands, simplyh doesn't jsut shut down when the computer shuts off the displays.  What a pain.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• revmatthew
    revmatthew Member Posts: 3 New User

O.K.

I've been scouring around, and the ACER support site says there is a driver for this monitor.  However, I've had a lot of trouble trying to get the driver to load.  I download the files.  I save them.  I try and install from the files and get an "unrecognized" file error message.  I try to load from the Device manager and it does not see the files in the folder as drivers, or says the drivers are up to date.  I really want this monitor to sleep when the computer does instead of flashing about and seeking inputs.  Is there no way to halt the input search function?  Then at least I could set it to one input and be quite happy.  Any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.