how can I control my case fan speed? - TC-895

yoseph
yoseph Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I installed a case fan and connected its 4pin connector into the b46h5-ad motherboard as shown in this image as No. 17:

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Looking for the motherboard manual for a TC-895-EB11  Acer Community

but the problem is that I can't control its speed from the bios nor from any software that I've downloaded,
What do I do?

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @yoseph,

May I know the model name of the unit. 
  • yoseph

Tinkerer

if you mean the model of my PC its TC-895,
    if you mean the code under the motherboard name on the sticker on the motherboard its: EA=1C697A76922F
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @yoseph

Sorry to tell you that Acer doesn't use true PWM 4-pin case fan connector.

You may need to buy a commercial software such as Argus Speed Fan to control the speed.

For my TC-885, the case fan seldom turns if using the Smart Fan setting in BIOS.
    If turn off the Smart Fan, the case fan and CPU fan will run at full speed constantly.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    MY TC-895 bios, the fan is automatically control if smart fan is enabled.
    If you don't have this bios then you need to upgrade your bios. 
  • yoseph

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @yoseph

Sorry to tell you that Acer doesn't use true PWM 4-pin case fan connector.

You may need to buy a commercial software such as Argus Speed Fan to control the speed.

For my TC-885, the case fan seldom turns if using the Smart Fan setting in BIOS.
    If turn off the Smart Fan, the case fan and CPU fan will run at full speed constantly.
    i tried argus but it only detected my GPU fan which is very weird.
  • yoseph

Tinkerer

thank you everyone for me helping out, I hope for yall to follow the truth.
  • ttttt
    @yoseph

What brand is your case fan? I have a Nocuta case fan and have seen multiple cases of issues of Nocuta fans with Acer motherboards. 

Are you sure you cannot see the fan? My experience was that after two hours of operation ( in summer) the case fan previously not showed up in CPUID HW Monitor became on line, but turning at very slow speed.

Once showed up, I could use Argus software to control the fan speed manually.

Maybe you can re-insert the case fan connector and try again.

• yoseph

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @yoseph

What brand is your case fan? I have a Nocuta case fan and have seen multiple cases of issues of Nocuta fans with Acer motherboards. 

Are you sure you cannot see the fan? My experience was that after two hours of operation ( in summer) the case fan previously not showed up in CPUID HW Monitor became on line, but turning at very slow speed.

Once showed up, I could use Argus software to control the fan speed manually.

Maybe you can re-insert the case fan connector and try again.

I also use a Noctua fan, and yes I'm sure my fan didn't appear on argus or any other monitoring software.
    sorry for replying lately I forgot about this post.
  • ttttt
    @yoseph

I forgot about this post too. 

One way to check whether your Nocuta fan was recognized is to temporarily disable the Smart Fan, at least you can see the case fan turning or not while it should be turning at full speed. Later on, change the BIOS back to Smart fan Enabled.

In winter time you probably don't see the Nocuta case fan turning as the temperarture inside the PC is low enough.

Anyway, I know some Acer motherboard case fan headers( not true PWM) are just not that compatible with some Nocuta fans.