Spin 1 SP111-32N Can't Access BIOS

CiriusZ
CiriusZ Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
I have a SP111-32N that just received a failed Windows 10 update. Space issues. 2tb external drive used to facilitate. With or without internet access, it boots to the "undoing changes made to your computer" then resets. Endlessly. When I disconnect the external it comes to black screen with an alert box that states to plug in the external drive and hit ok. I am about to use an USB boot drive to restore windows, but I can't access the BIOS. Pressed all the buttons and nothing. I tried the hard reset 3 times while windows tries and fails to do anything. But I can't access the recovery service. I really need my computer back, any help for any of my issues would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @CiriusZ,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,796 Trailblazer
    Which drive size is in your Spin? IIRC they came with 32GB/64GB/128GB eMMC drives. Likely you are going to do as you plan by booting from a flash drive then clear up space and finish the updates. The key will be to hit that F2 (or Fn-F2) fast enough to get the request in before it tries to load any OS stuff...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.