The laptop makes POP noises while playing audio on the speaker nitro 5

Bhargavsai
Bhargavsai Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Windows 11
The laptop makes POP noises without any actual audio on the speaker and just buzzing noise while using headphones while playing any audio, WINDOWS 11, ACER NITRO 5.

I don't even remember if this happened after an update, But it woked perfectly till yesterday But i can assure you the Headphones is working perfectly and i mostly think it has to do with windows and drivers, for which i i verified that Realtek is in its latest version, and i disabled and enabled it on device manager, i troubleshoot nothing helped me to find the cause.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Open Control Panel again. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the next pane. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on and check sound again

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Congrats. Thanks for reporting back. Re-starting often makes magic happen.  :)

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    If your model is on the list below. Disconnect headphones. Open Control Panel. Search 'sound'. Click 'change soundcard settings' in left pane. Right click internal speakers icon. Click properties, Click advanced tab. Reduce sound quality to CD or DVD.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Bhargavsai,

Is the pop noises occurs while playing music and video files.
  • Bhargavsai

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @Bhargavsai,

Is the pop noises occurs while playing music and video files.
    Yes while on speaker and just hissing on earphones
  • Bhargavsai

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If your model is on the list below. Disconnect headphones. Open Control Panel. Search 'sound'. Click 'change soundcard settings' in left pane. Right click internal speakers icon. Click properties, Click advanced tab. Reduce sound quality to CD or DVD.

I Did what you told and it still haven't fixed the issue.
  • JackE
    Go to this link , enter your machine's full ACER model number (for example AN517-52) and check for any newer audio drivers than you have under Wiin11 or Win10

Jack E/NJ

• Bhargavsai

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Go to this link , enter your machine's full ACER model number (for example AN517-52) and check for any newer audio drivers than you have under Wiin11 or Win10

I did that before coming for help on this sub. And yes it did not work.
  • JackE
    There are at least 15 different nitro 5s. Could you please reveal the full model number  the nitro 5 that you have? For example AN517-52

Jack E/NJ

• Bhargavsai

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    There are at least 15 different nitro 5s. Could you please reveal the full model number  the nitro 5 that you have? For example AN517-52
    System Model Nitro AN515-54

• JackE
    >>>I don't even remember if this happened after an update, But it woked perfectly till yesterday>>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see any restore points with a date stamps around Nov 7th or 8th?

Jack E/NJ

• Bhargavsai

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>I don't even remember if this happened after an update, But it woked perfectly till yesterday>>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see any restore points with a date stamps around Nov 7th or 8th?
    I see around november 11th in the time stamp, just so you know i have updated yesterday in hope of fixing this problem.
  • JackE
    Is there a checkbox to show any hidden updates that happened Nov 9th or earlier? If none, what date did you install Win11?

Jack E/NJ

• Bhargavsai

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Is there a checkbox to show any hidden updates that happened Nov 9th or earlier? If none, what date did you install Win11?
    i couldnt find the hidden time stamps but the windows installation date is 23rd October
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Open Control Panel again. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the next pane. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on and check sound again

Jack E/NJ

• Bhargavsai

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Yo!,
    Something crazy happened, it got normal all of sudden,
    What did I do - Nothing maybe a restart
    Thank you for sticking with me and helping. i really appreciate it.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Congrats. Thanks for reporting back. Re-starting often makes magic happen.  :)

Jack E/NJ