Display not working after SSD installation Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S

Options
jnsabina
jnsabina Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello,

I recently purchased the Predator Helios 300 (link to the specific model can be found here: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S Gaming Laptop | Intel i7-11800H | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU | 15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB SSD | Killer WiFi 6 | RGB Keyboard https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092YHJLS6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_S9Q86XCSZTQCMKS2A8NX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). After installing an SSD in the HDD/SDD slot following an instructional video by Acer, my laptop will turn on, boot up, and the keyboard will light up. However, although the display appears to turn on, the Predator logo never shows and the screen just stays slightly lit. Has anyone experienced this problem and know a solution? I am stressing.

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• jnsabina
    jnsabina Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    So, I isolated the issue to it being the SSD. When I took the SSD out, the computer returned to operating like normal. No clue what the issue could be or how it somehow affected the monitor display. Seems very odd, but I’m just happy to have my laptop back in its previous condition.
  • bobbygoodson
    bobbygoodson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    If this is a Crucial-brand drive, the following worked for me. With the drive removed, open the BIOS, go to the ADVANCED Settings, go to the MAIN tab. On the MAIN tab, press ctrl-s to make VMD enable/disable available. Disable VMD and DAST BOOT and save the settings and restart. My system fialed to load Windows (10), but gave me the option of restarting in the troubleshooting menu of WIN 10. I then restartred in SAFE MODE, and the laptiopn booted into SAFE MODE with no issues. I shut down, installed my Crucial MX500 drive, and this time everything booted normally.

PH315-54-760S, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA 3060 graphics card, NVME System Drive, Windows 10. Installing a Crucial MX500 4TB SATA-3 SSD