Can you swap the case on an Acer aspire xc895

I was replacing the case on my pc and I removed the drive and PSU and was removing the mother board but there is a (see image attached)

With wire going on the out side of the case, what should I do 😅

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    That is your WiFi card. The wires go to antennas mounted to the case. If you use WiFi you will want to move the card, wires and antennas to the new case. If you don't use WiFi you can just remove the card.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Dylqnnnnnn1

As @Billsey mentioned, those two wires are for antennas of the Wi-Fi card.

I am just curious how you are going to deal with the front panel ports. Those front panel ports are soldered to the motherboard, and is usually the biggest problem when trying to migrate the motherboard to a different PC case.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    If there  is space between the edge of the diving board and the front of the new case I believe you can find cables that go from male to female USB to provide the sockets in the front of the case. You will likely end up with cables bundled up into a ball, but they should work. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.