ACER TC-885-UR19 Can't boot in AHCI mode keeps going back to the RST with Optane setting?

Porkchop1
Porkchop1 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hello all my ACER TC-885-UR19 keeps reverting back to RST with Optane in my BIOS. I have removed the optane stick in the m.2 slot and replaced it with a Samsung 970 500gb m.2 drive. I also got rid of the hard drive that came with the computer. The computer reboots around three times and then gives me the option to go into the BIOS where i manually change it from rst with Optane to AHCI mode. when i f10 and save it, it reboots in AHCI mode and runs fine. When i shut down the computer and power it off i have to go threw the same procedure all over again. How do I get it to not ever go back into RST with Optane mode ever again? Thanks for your time in advance!!

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Are the time and date also out of sync? If the bios information is not being saved, it may be necessary to change the rtc battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Are the time and date also out of sync? If the bios information is not being saved, it may be necessary to change the rtc battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Porkchop1

Tinkerer

Yes the time and date were off. I will switch the battery and let you know in a few days!!! thanks i hope it is as simple as that. Again thank you for your time.
  • OK! The rtc battery should only cost a few US cents.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Porkchop1

Tinkerer

OK! The rtc battery should only cost a few US cents.
    Well I had a few of those batteries around, and put a new one in. You were right! Saves my Bios settings now. Funny this computer is not that old I am surprised the battery went out that quickly. Egydiocoelho thank you very much, and take care!
  • You are welcome my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer