Spin SP513-54N - DTS Audio Processing not working - DtsApo4Service service terminated unexpectedly

Sato99
Sato99 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi,

DTS Audio Processing is not working on my Spin SP513-54N 2020 Model (i5-1035G4 Bios v1.10), the problem exists under Windows 10 and Windows 11)

When opening the DTS Audio Processing Console the error message ‘Processing settings are unavailable as audio service connection lost’ appears.

In the Windows Event Viewer I can see that the DtsApo4Service.exe has crashed:
Faulting application name: DtsApo4Service.exe, version: 1.6.9.0, time stamp: 0x602e01a8
Faulting module name: dtscnt64.dll, version: 4.6.12.0, time stamp: 0x602cba69
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000089f0c
Faulting process id: 0x13b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7d5122b000a7a
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x\DtsApo4Service.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x\dtscnt64.dll

The DTS version is 1.6.9.0 and has just installed by Windows Updater this morning automatically as I’ve upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday.
But the problem already occurred with Windows 10 and the older DTS driver 1.6.3.0.

Interesting, when I launch the DTS Audio Processing Console immediately after windows starts then DTS Audio is working.

I currently run the realtek audio driver version 6.0.8929.1 (this is the one on the acer driver download site for my notebook model).

Has anybody else experienced this issue with his acer notebook ?

By the way, on the windows device manager under Sound, Video, Game Controller I only see one driver from Realtek (Realtek Audio).
On my previous Laptops I had also Realtek HD Audio Driver.

Is it correct that there is only the Realtek Audio Driver and not the Realtek HD Audio Driver for the Spin SP513-54N ?

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Sato99,

# Try to update the sound driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option sound driver.
    4. Under the title sound driver.
    ​​Realtek HD Audio Driver Manager Download For Windows 10 64-bit​​
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title sound driver.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    DTS is working fine on my SP513-54N, although the console says it's a newer version than yours. 1.7.3.0
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sato99

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    DTS is working fine on my SP513-54N, although the console says it's a newer version than yours. 1.7.3.0
    Interesting you use DTS Version 1.7.3.0. Where you get this driver from ? (I couldn't found the driver for download, just in relation with sound systems, do you use a sound system and got the driver installed with a SW Pack from there ?)
    I saw on the Acer Home Page this driver is available for Nitro AN515-44, for SP513-54N it is 1.5.4.0.
  • Sato99

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    One more question.
    In Device Manager under Sound, Video, Game Controllers, do you also have 'Realtek Audio' Driver installed and not 'Realtek High Definition Audio' ?

• Sato99

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @Sato99,

# Try to update the sound driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option sound driver.
    4. Under the title sound driver.
    ​​Realtek HD Audio Driver Manager Download For Windows 10 64-bit​​
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title sound driver.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
    I've done this and get the windows message 'the best driver for your device is already installed'.

When I notice this problem first time I installed the latest Realtek driver 6.0.9049.1 but the problem persists.

I then installed all sound drivers from Acer home page for my model again, which is:
    Audio_Realtek_6.0.8929.1
    Audio Console_Realtek_6.0.8929.1
    Audio Utility_DTS_1.5.4.0

Unfortunately, the installation of the drivers from Acer products is not as clear as it should/could be.

In which sequence the driver has to be installed (e.g. first Realtek driver, then Realtek Concole then DTS utility) ?
    Should I first de-install the previous drivers and if yes how  ?

There is a subdirectory in Audio_Realtek_6.0.8929.1 (thirdparty) with DTS drivers, should they be installed separately ?
    Again, de-install first the DTS driver manually using the script in this subdirectory ?

In the Audio Console_Realtek directory are various install bat files Setup, Setup_APP and Install_UWP.
    Which of them should be executed, all of them and in which sequence ?

I tried quit a lot of different combinations to re-install the currently up to date drivers recommended by acer (from their home page) but there are quit a lot of options for doing thing's wrong.

Of course I do not expect an answer to this all from any forum members, just wanted to highlight that this is pretty poorly designed by Acer compared on how other companies is able to handle this.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    Right, Realtek Audio and no Realtek High Definition Audio.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.