VG272UV brightness issue

Options
Denisu
Denisu Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Monitors
Good afternoon. I recently purchased a VG272UV monitor (UM.HV2EE.S01). After turning it on and trying to adjust the brightness, I immediately realized that the monitor did not meet the declared characteristics in terms of brightness (350 nits), clearly no more than 200 nits (I have something to compare with). Moreover, after studying the service menu, I found out that this is XV272UV, and for this model there is a firmware update on Acer site with the elimination of this problem. Plus, at the moment, your company is selling this model in Ukraine under the name VG272USbmiipx, probably to hide this problem. All this indicates a clear deception of the consumer. I would like to get a firmware without this problem and a method for flashing VG272UV (UM.HV2EE.S01). Or a method of saving the PWM level in the service menu.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    You are only talking to other Acer users, not Acer itself here. Contact Acer support with your questions.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • krrrrr
    krrrrr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    if you have an usb port on the monitor maybe you can try to update firmware. This only works either in windows 7 via command line or windows 10 via the acer update tool. I stuck not able to save pwm settings in service menu too. Do you have an update on this ?