gateway fx540S tower looking for computer software

Options
maggy0
maggy0 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2023 in Legacy Desktops
sorry if this is the wrong spot for this question, I have a gateway fx540S tower looking for system software. I attempted to restore it but used wrong dvd's so I wiped out hard drive. I cannot locate the software that came with tower, are they available to purchase some where? :(
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi @ maggy0
    The gate way FHD14.1 ultra slim offers great value for money. This is the Gateway FHD 14.1 Ultra Slim laptop, a well-priced laptop that has enough power, memory and storage for most users, all wrapped up in a slim case with a sharp, bright screen.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    They do keep restore disks available for several years, but yours is going to be too old for that. :( Which applications are you looking for?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • maggy0
    maggy0 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    restore dvd for gateway fx540s, thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You asked for that and I answered it is too old for them to still have the restore disks in their inventory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jim202
    Jim202 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

If you have another computer, you can go online and go to the Gateway site. Go to their computer download section and select your computer. It may request which version of window your running. Then select drivers and download them.

Other computer companies are very friendly to help and allow you to obtain their driver software easily. It's not like trying to deal with Acer.