Hi have a Predador P03-620 add extra ssd

Options
Larryruth
Larryruth Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi have a Predador P03-620 and would like to add extra ssd. But how can i power it. I see Hdpwr2 6pins. Are they for powering extra ssd? And IF what cable can i use?

Best regards
Lars

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your system has only one M.2 slot for a SSD, but you can put a 2.5" or 3.5" drive in. There should have been a SATA power cable that goes between the SATA port ports on the motherboard and two drives. If you need one the Acer part number is: 50.E1ZD1.002. Search on that to see if you can find one available in your locale and contact Acer support if you can't find one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, the six pin HDPWR1 and HDPWR2 are where the cable connects. If you decide at some time to have more than two drives connected, you'll want two of the cables.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your system has only one M.2 slot for a SSD, but you can put a 2.5" or 3.5" drive in. There should have been a SATA power cable that goes between the SATA port ports on the motherboard and two drives. If you need one the Acer part number is: 50.E1ZD1.002. Search on that to see if you can find one available in your locale and contact Acer support if you can't find one.
  • Larryruth
    Larryruth Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi thank you for that. Do looks to do The trick. I have just one more question. Should it be connected to The 6pins sockret next to The sata sockets?
    Add a pic from The motherboard. It says hdpwr1 and 2.             

Best regards
    Lars

dpwrhd
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Larryruth,

Maximum Memory64 GB
    Memory TechnologyDDR4 SDRAM
    Storage
    SSD Storage Capacity1 TB
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, the six pin HDPWR1 and HDPWR2 are where the cable connects. If you decide at some time to have more than two drives connected, you'll want two of the cables.