Laptop keys not working on Acer Spin 5 SP513-52N

MrKeremski
MrKeremski Member Posts: 6 New User
I'm using an Acer Spin 5 and a year ago, some of my keys on the keyboard started to react very strangely and ended up not working at all. After that problem, many of my other keys stopped working such as F12, F11, 0, -,/,[, and the down arrow key. And today my w key, z key, and windows home key stopped working. I have tried all solutions like updating all my drivers and I still couldn't find a solution. I am a student so I'm very concerned about the fact that this issue is starting to affect my school work. I would definitely like a solution as soon as possible.

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ MrKeremski

ch​eck if there is a pin 📌hole at the bottom of the unit. Put a small pin inside and press and hold the pin for 30sec.  If there is no pin hole then press the power button for 12sec. Remember to remove your charger when you do that.

• MrKeremski
    oh will that be a solution for my problem?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    It might, if the issue is related to the battery configuration. Sometimes the weirdest things happen when the battery gets confused.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MrKeremski
    edited November 2021
    I got myself a pin and pressed the button down the pinhole after shutting my PC down and everything. But unfortunately, it did not work whatsoever and all the keys such as w, z, and the windows home key are still not working. I have absolutely no idea what to do since I tried all the solutions such as uninstalling keyboard drivers and reinstalling the back again. The keys that do not work don't feel weird or wrong when I clicked them and the feeling does not change between other keys that work fine. As time progresses, many of my keys started to malfunction and it's been only 2 years since I bought this laptop. As I said before, I'm a student so I am very concerned by the keys not working and it is starting to affect my school work. I would definitely love a solution as soon as possible.
  • billsey
    edited November 2021
    Do keys work correctly if you plug an external keyboard in?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MrKeremski
    Thank you for the suggestion! Actually, I still have not tried that but I would want to fix my keyboard on the laptop if it is possible.
  • billsey
    Yes, but if you plug in an external and it acts the same then we know it's software that's causing the issue. If the external works correctly then it's more likely the keyboard has hardware issues.
  • MrKeremski
    Hello, I have plugged in an external keyboard, and all the keys work completely fine which probably means that it might have a hardware issue as you have suggested. I'm going to be waiting for any further information about the issue so feel free to post a comment here please.
  • billsey
    If you are in warranty be sure to create a ticket with Acer support on the issue before it runs out... Unless the keyboard has been damaged by a liquid spill or something similar it should be covered.
  • MrKeremski
    I'm not sure if I'm in warranty since I bought this product more than 2 years ago.
  • I would try to disconnect the battery and keyboard connector:
    Then make sure the keyboard connector is properly seated and connect the battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)