The Battery Life Should be 8 Hours+ but it says 2 Hours left Swift SFX14-41G

Options
Madani
Madani Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
My Laptop is Acer Swift X / Acer Swift SFX14-41G. AMD Ryzen 5 5600U, 16gb, amd radeon graphics and Nvidia RTX 3050 Laptop GPu. Before i buy it, i do some research that the battery life is quite long about 8 hours+ but right now when i unplugged it and go outside the battery life is not 8 hours but its like 2 hours and it can be less than 2 hours. when im outside im just use it for word and google for my college. but when im in my house i just plugged it never unplugged it. but i know this laptop have auto discharge system when the battery is 100%/80. what should i do for i can extend the battert life ? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You need to look at what you have running that uses power. Do you have the screen at full brightness? That's often one of the things that draws more power when you are outside. The review you quote seems to have the screen at 50%.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Madani,

Improve Battery Life in Your Windows 10 Laptop
    1. Change the Power Mode.
    2. Reduce Screen Brightness.
    3. Turn on 'Battery Saver'
    4. Detect and Disable Battery-draining Apps.
    5. Disable Background Apps to Improve Battery Life.
    6. Change Power and Sleep Settings.
    7. Disable UI Animations and Shadows.
    8. Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use.
  • dcuri
    dcuri Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same exact notebook as you have, and the same issue also. The first time it happened, i made a factory reset, and the problem was solved. 1 year later, it happened again: battery saver on, low light, and the battery on 100% was having an estimated time of 2 hours or so. i disabled my power and nvidia devices in the Device Manager and reenabled them. It looks like it solved the problem, withou the need of a reset again. I hope it can help someone.