No bootable device Acer TravelMate P214

Options
ZXC
ZXC Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
Hello,

There's anyone here who can help me. the error says "No Bootable Device". I searched online for how to fix it and I couldn't find a good solution. Lile the fact I can't change from UEFI to legacy cuz I don't even have the legacy option.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    I answered on that other thread you were camping on, and suggested you start your own. Needless to say you anticipated me. :)
    @ZXC we really need to know which computer you have. Did it come with an eMMC drive, an M.2 SSD or a 2.5" HDD? Or maybe a combination of the three... Can you boot to the BIOS? Can you boot from a Windows install flash drive? The latter is what's going to help the most with diagnosis. Did something happen just prior to the problem (like a BIOS change) or was it just out of the blue? Legacy should not be an option and I hope eventually all those online help desk things remove that from the list of options, since it's only useful for people running Windows 7 or earlier, or Linux builds from the same era...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @ZXC,

​​ ​In the BIOS information page is the unit HDD is showing. ​
  • Jgaillard
    Jgaillard Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

I am having the same problem as ZXC but could not find a solution …

I also have a travelmate p214

Any clue of what I could do ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

@Jgaillard as you can see, ZXC never responded. They likely figured it out on their own. You should start a new thread for yours, using the Ask a Question button. Include your full model number. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. If possible let us know what type and size of drive is installed and perhaps a picture or two showing what's happening.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.