ATC-710-EB51 No audio after installing GPU

freeway2
freeway2 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hello,

I have an old acer aspire desktop. The model number ATC-710-EB51.

Couple days ago, I purchased a GT 710 graphic card and and installed into the PC. When I powered on the PC. The audio stopped working. 

Currently, there is no sound playing when a video is playing.

Even when I unplugged my speaker and removed the front jack audio connection from the mother board, speakers are still being detected (speakers is listed a playback device).

Also, when I opened the speaker properties, the jack information states that it is a front panel jack. However, my speaker uses the green jack at the back.

Things that I have tried,
-reinstalling audio driver
-manually installing the the graphic card driver to not include the audio driver
-disable graphic card's audio driver
-reset the PC

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @freeway2

Few things you can try.

Double check your speaker connections, including the power to the speaker. Have you turned the volume dial down by mistake?

Check the volume icon on the Task Bar, make sure you have not turn down the volume or muted it.

Try the speaker with both the front and rear panel green jacks.

If everything failed, go get an USB sound card adapter like this:
    https://www.newegg.com/p/36F-0043-00007?Item=9SIACJF56U6632

One of my old PCs had both the sound failed at both rear and front panel jacks about 5 years ago. Got this type of sound adapter card for USD $8 and extended the life of that PC for a few years until it retired.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @freeway2,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    I wonder if the GPU took over the sound, routing it through the HDMI or DP? You can look in Sound Settings to see what the current output device is.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.